While melting lots of candy for the book, I experimented with cutting through warm candy with kitchen shears while it was still on parchment. (This is hot work for adults only!) Triangles are an easy shape to cut and they make an pretty and graphic cake decoration. They'd also work as Christmas trees for a holiday cake decoration or lollipops.
4 Jolly Rancher Bold Fruit Smoothie or other hard candies
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put the Jolly Ranchers on the parchment in a row to create a tall rectangle.
3. Place in the oven for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove and let cool for 1 minute.
4. Using oven mitts, take the candy on it's parchment paper off the baking sheet. Use the scissors to cut it into a triangle shape (or two smaller triangle shapes), cutting through the candy and parchment paper at the same time.
5. Return to the baking sheet and let cool.