These fancy lady cupcakes from our book, Candy Aisle Crafts, would be perfect for a Nutcracker party! I dip-dyed white cupcake papers into food coloring for skirts, but any solid or patterned cupcake paper would work (gold would be pretty too). There are so many fun prints available now online and in party stores—even at supermarkets!
(Switch out the spice drop and M&M colors to change the ladies’ hair and skin color.)
- 1 white spice drop
- 1 black spice drop
- 1 brown mini M&M
- 2 black nonpareils
- 1 red sprinkle
- 1 red gumdrop
- 2 cupcake papers, stacked
- 1 white frosted cupcake
- To make the head, cut off a piece of the white spice drop diagonally from top to bottom to make a spot for the hair to be placed. Cut off the same shape from the black spice drop. Use the smaller black cut piece as hair and adhere to the cut spot on the larger white piece, as shown. Cut a tiny piece off the top of the black “hair” and press on the brown M&M “bun”.
- To make the eyes and mouth, using the toothpick, poke two holes for eyes and scrape a line for the mouth. With the now-sticky toothpick, pick up the nonpareils and push them into the holes. Press the red sprinkle on the mouth line.
- To make the body, cut the top of the red gumdrop off and press the head onto that sticky spot.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of the gumdrop body (to give it a sticky bottom) and adhere it to the overturned cupcake papers “skirt.” Place the lady on top of the cupcake.
For lots more edible and holiday crafts, check out our book, Candy Aisle Crafts! Happy holidays!