- parchment paper
- 2½ Jolly Rancher or other hard candies
- 1 shard of a contrasting color of hard candy (for beak)
- 1 black nonpareil (aka “jumbo sprinkles”)
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the candy on the baking sheet, placing the “head” piece 1⁄8" to 1/4" away from the body, as shown. Place in the oven for about 6 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 1 minute. Reshape, exaggerating the shape, which will spread when reheated. Add the contrasting-color candy piece as the beak and place the nonpareil as an eye.
- Add the stick by putting it on the bottom and twisting to coat with candy. Return to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes to smooth.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Gumdrop Flowers! Click here for the how-to. These are great for showers, spring or summer parties, or even a playdate!
These little marshmallow bunnies are perfect cupcake toppers! Scroll down for the how-to...
- 2 regular marshmallows
- 2 black jumbo nonpareils
- 1 pink jumbo nonpareil
- cupcake paper filled with colored sanding sugar (optional)
To make the head, cut off a fat piece along the cylinder edge of the flat bottom of one of the marshmallows, as shown.
To make the ears, along the other edge of the marshmallow, cut two long skinny pieces and stick them to the sides of the head.
To make the face, use the toothpick to poke two holes for eyes and one for the nose. With the now-sticky toothpick, pick up the black nonpareils and push them into the holes for the eyes. Push the pink nonpareil into the hole for the nose.
To make the body, cut away a scoop on the edge of the remaining marshmallow. (Cut away more of the body marshmallow, if needed, to adhere the head.)
Nestle the bunnies in cupcake papers filed with colored sanding sugar (as shown) or on top of cupcakes.